ENG vs IRE 1st ODI Preview Dream11 Doable Taking part in 11 Pitch Report | ENG vs IRE 1st ODI Dream11 Prediction At this time | England vs Eire 1st ODI Dream11 | ENG vs IRE 1st ODI Key Gamers | Southampton Pitch Report
[Please refresh page if post not displaying correctly]
Cricket submit the enforced COVID-19 break is actually one thing completely different. The primary dose of ODI cricket since March is sandwiched between two Take a look at collection, the place break up squads, usually spoken about hypothetically for dialogue functions on social media, is now actuality.
England, the world champions, wouldn’t have anticipated that their first ODI at dwelling for the reason that World Cup triumph could be fairly like this. New faces, no crowds and a collection preventing for consideration proper in between two Take a look at campaigns is an agenda nobody might have probably imagined a yr in the past. Nevertheless, skipper Eoin Morgan is on the helm, and there are nonetheless some acquainted faces in what stays an thrilling squad.
For Eire, this collection is a great addition on condition that their cricket season has been postponed as a result of pandemic. Whereas they may have hope in the truth that England might be with out acquainted faces, a major problem nonetheless awaits as they give the impression of being to compete towards the world’s primary ODI aspect. So, can Eire, led by Andy Balbirnie, compete?
Key Gamers to Watch/Key Stats
- Eyes might be on Jason Roy and Jonny Bairstow – a prolific opening pair. They’ve over 1,000 runs in partnership collectively, at a mean of over 60.
- Additionally, Roy and Bairstow are prolific on the Ageas Bowl in Southampton. Roy has 332 runs in seven ODIs at avg. 55.33; Bairstow has 237 runs in three matches at avg. 118.50. Bairstow was additionally very good within the latest tour match, scoring 127 (88).
- Eoin Morgan has an excellent file towards Eire, the nation of his delivery: 5 matches, 264 runs, avg. 67.25, SR 101.51.
- Additionally, Morgan loves batting on the Ageas Bowl: 14 matches, 610 runs, avg. 76.25, SR 91.25. He has probably the most ODI runs of any participant on the floor.
- William Porterfield has probably the most runs in England-Eire ODIs: 281 runs, avg. 31.22, SR 64.15, 1 50, 1 100.
- Eire skipper Andy Balbirnie might be essential for his staff. He has been robust in ODIs for the reason that starting of 2018: 30 matches, 1,153 runs, avg. 41.18, SR 79.79.
- Tom Banton scored 56 within the second England intra-squad heat up. His T20 strike fee of 157.33 in 30 matches makes him a harmful proposition.
- Moeen Ali might be one to observe. His ball-striking in South Africa earlier this yr was one thing to behold, hanging at 272.22 within the T20I collection.
- Simi Singh was wonderful with the ball in West Indies earlier this yr (six wickets in three ODIs, avg. 20.16). On what could possibly be slowish pitches in England, Singh can have a key function to play.
- Josh Little took 4/45 vs England in an ODI final yr.
- Adil Rashid has probably the most wickets in England-Eire ODIs of any present participant (eight wickets, avg. 17.25). Additionally, Rashid was participant of the match in England’s final ODI.
- Can Tom Curran produce within the powerplay and demise overs? He has confirmed to be a robust wicket-taker in limited-overs cricket, together with ending third for wickets within the final Large Bash League.
Stats and Information
- Head-to-Head: 10 Matches, England 8, Eire 1, NR 1
- Eire’s solely win vs England was the all-time traditional within the 2011 World Cup. Kevin O’Brien hit a memorable century. Nevertheless, now, can enhance on his common of 26.55 vs England?
- In 5 accomplished ODIs at Southampton in 2019, the typical first innings rating was 259.6. The staff batting first gained three of the 5 matches.
Doable Taking part in 11
There are new faces within the England squad, however they will nonetheless kind a robust XI due to a strong core comprising of the likes of Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, Eoin Morgan and Moeen Ali.
- Tom Banton batted at 5 within the ODI collection in South Africa earlier this yr, so it might make sense for him to get one other probability there.
- It stays to be seen who bats at three. Phil Salt put his hand up with an excellent 100 off 58 balls (retired out) within the England Lions vs Eire match. Additionally, England have the choice of giving Salt the gloves in the event that they wish to play one other all-rounder as an alternative of Sam Billings.
- Reece Topley, Lewis Gregory and Richard Gleeson are a part of a tempo brigade within the squad and might be aiming for an look throughout the collection.
England: 1. Jason Roy, 2. Jonny Bairstow, 3. Phil Salt, 4. Eoin Morgan (c), 5. Tom Banton, 6. Sam Billings (wk), 7. Moeen Ali, 8. Tom Curran, 9. David Willey, 10. Adil Rashid, 11. Saqib Mahmood
Eire’s final ODI was in January vs West Indies, a part of a three-match collection the place they need to have gained the second match. They need to look to go together with expertise the place they will.
Eire: 1. James McCollum, 2. Paul Stirling, 3. Andy Balbirnie (c), 4. William Porterfield, 5. Kevin O’Brien, 6. Gary Wilson (wk), 7. Simi Singh, 8. Mark Adair, 9. Andy McBrine/George Dockrell, 10. Barry McCarthy, 11. Craig Younger/Josh Little
Ageas Bowl Southampton Pitch Report and Situations
The climate forecast for Thursday is kind of good – principally sunny.
Dream11 Prediction (to be up to date with additional information on squads)
Possibility 1 (if England bat first): Jonny Bairstow (c & wk), Tom Banton (wk), Jason Roy (vc), Eoin Morgan, Andy Balbirnie, Paul Stirling, Simi Singh, Moeen Ali, Adil Rashid, Tom Curran, Mark Adair
Possibility 2 (if Eire bat first): Jonny Bairstow (wk), Jason Roy (c), James Vince, Andy Balbirnie, William Porterfield, Paul Stirling, Kevin O’Brien, Moeen Ali, David Willey, Tom Curran (vc), Mark Adair
Additionally learn: Wish to create your personal custom-made IPL jersey? Discover out extra right here
England, regardless of lacking key gamers similar to Joe Root, Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler and Jofra Archer, nonetheless look a robust ODI aspect. They’re a great decide for a win within the 1st ODI towards Eire.
Thanks for studying!