BEN STOKES, HERO WITHOUT ANY CAPE:
Benjamin Andrew Stokes, commonly call up by name Ben Stokes from Christchurch, New Zealand born on June 04, 1991. He moved to Northern England with his parents at the age of 12. In England, he started to learn cricket and then began to play club cricket for local teams. He plays as an all-rounder in the team. He is a left-hand batsman and right-arm fast-medium bowler. He proved himself the one-man army for his team on many occasions. He played for New Zealand, Durham, England, England Lions, England Cricket Board XI, Melbourne Renegades, Rising Pune Supergiant, Canterbury, and Rajasthan Royals.
- Stokes made his ODI debut for Durham in 2009. At the oval, he played his first professional cricket match and somehow he managed to take the wicket of highly experienced batsman Mark Ramprakash.
- In 2009, he played 2 youth tests against Bangladesh U19.
- In 2010, he went to play the U19 World cup where he scored a century against India U19 cricket team.
- In 2010, he made his first-class debut for Durham against MCC. After a successful debut season, he went to Australia in England Performance Program for Ashes 2010-11.
- In January 2015, he joined Melbourne renegades of Australia’s Big Bash League in the replacement of Jesse Ryder.
- In February 2017, he was bought by Rising Pune Supergiants in the IPL for Rs 14.5Cr.
- In January 2018, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the IPL for £1.7 million. He was the most expensive overseas player of the IPL 2018 auction.
Ben stokes made his ODI debut against Ireland at Castle Avenue in August 2011. While he made his T20 debut very next month in September 2011 against West Indies at Kennington Oval. After 2 years of his ODI debut, he made his test debut against Australia in December 2013 at Adelaide Oval.
In February 2017, ben stokes was appointed vice-captain of England’s Test Team, under Joe Root who was made the captain of the team the same day.
- TEST MATCHES: In his 101 innings of 55 test matches, he scored 3479 runs with an average of 35.87. He scored 1 double century (200), 8 centuries (100), and 18 half-centuries (50). His high score is in test match 258. He took 135 wickets with 8/161 best bowling in a match.
- ONE DAY INTERNATIONALS: In his 81 innings of 95 One Day Internationals, he scored 2682 runs with an average of 40.64. He scored 3 centuries (100), and 20 half-centuries (50). His high score in ODI is 102. He took 70 wickets with 5/61 best bowling in a match.
- TWENTY 20 INTERNATIONALS: In his 20 innings of 23 Twenty 20, he scored 232 runs with an average of 15.47. His high score in T20 is 38. He took 10 wickets with 3/26 best bowling in a match.
Ben stokes is among one of the most explosive all-rounders of the modern era. He proved himself on so many occasions. He is superb with the bat every time and also doing magic with the ball too. No matter, if we talk about international cricket, domestic cricket, or first-class cricket, he made his solid impact everywhere. In IPL, he was the most expensive overseas player of an edition. His fearless batting, calmness, and understanding of the situation make him a great all-rounder.
- Ben stokes as an attacking middle-order batsman, he holds the record for England‘s fastest-ever test double century.
- He also holds the record of the fastest ever test match 250.
- He holds the record for the highest ever score for a Test batsman batting at No. 6.
- He also holds the record for the most runs scored by an individual batsman in the morning session of a Test match.
- He became the highest-paid overseas player of Indian Premier League history, in 2017 with a record fetching contract of £1.7 million.
WORLD CUP HERO:
In world cup 2019, Ben Stokes was among one of those Englishmen who show strong character and bring their team across the winning line. At some stages, it looks like that England cricket team was not qualifying for the semis but Ben Stokes along with Bairstow shows strong character and took responsibilities and make their team into the finals of the world cup.
The unbelievable, unforgettable innings ben stokes played in the finals of the world cup and the way he manages the pressure throughout the match and in the final super over, made him the hero for the England Cricket team and the Nation.
HERO OF THE 3RD TEST MATCH OF THE ASHES 2019:
Against the mammoth target of 359 set up by team Australia and 1st innings batting collapse on 67, its a challenge for the England team to save ashes because if they lose that test match they lost the ashes trophy too. This time too, ben stokes showed brilliant character and played some fantastic cricket with the tail-enders. He made 73 runs partnership with No. 11 and did it for his team. England won the 3rd test match of the ashes series 2019 and make assure that ashes series remain alive. He was the man of the match of the 3rd test match of ashes series 2019.
Most of the Ex. Cricketers and analysts said that this was the best ever innings of the test history and the history of Ashes series.
BATTING STATS OF BEN STOKES IN TEST ODI AND T20I
Ben Stokes has become one of the most dynamic players in the world in all formats of the game. He was part of the England Under-19 squad for the 2009 ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup and made his debut for Durham the same year. An excellent 2010 season for Durham, where he scored 798 runs at an average of 44, saw Stokes included in the England Performance Program Squad. He was chosen for the England Lions and played against Sri Lanka in 2011, then debuted for England against Ireland later that year. Stokes played a further four ODIs against India before he was sidelined with a finger injury. His next opportunity for England came in 2013, when he was named in the one-day international squad for a series against Ireland and Australia, before being included in the squad for the 2013-14 Ashes tour. He has a best of 258 with the bat and 6-36 with the ball in Test cricket. Stokes was recruited by Melbourne Renegades for BBL. Good form for the England Lions in early 2015 was enough for Stokes to earn a recall to the England Test squad for the West Indies series, where he played all three...
He was born in Christchurch, New Zealand, and lived there until he was 12 years old.
Test Debut date : 05/12/2013
ODI Debut date : 25/08/2011
T20 Debut date : 23/09/2011
Age : 28 years 9 days
Role : Allrounder
Height : N/A
Batting Style : Left Hand
Bowling Style : Right Arm Med-Fast
Team Played For : N/A
No live match currently in Progress!
The Gabba, Brisbane
WACA Ground, Perth
North Sydney Oval No.1, North Sydney
CitiPower Centre, St. Kilda
JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi
India win by an innings and 137 runs
WACA Ground, Perth
CitiPower Centre, St. Kilda
The Gabba, Brisbane
New South Wales win by 5 wickets
Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
Sri Lanka win by 13 runs
Popular Cricket Tags
Cricket Buzz and News
- / 9 hours ago
India wins the Test Series against boneless South African side. Win the 2nd Test...