Team India was on the tour of West Indies this month under the captaincy of Virat Kohli. The tour was scheduled from August 3, 2019-September 3, 2019. The scheduled tour consists of 3 T20s, 3 ODIs, and 2 Test matches. West Indies on their home grounds, again failed badly and unable to win a single match in the entire series. Let’s take a quick look at the results, positive, and negative outcomes from the series for both the teams.
IND vs WI T20I SERIES:
- 1st T20: after winning the toss, India opted to bowl first and they restricted Windies on just 95-9 in 20 overs. India chased the total easily in the 17th over and won the match by 4 wickets.
- Navdeep Saini was the man of the match of 1st T20.
- 2nd T20: after winning the toss, India opted to bat first and they set the total of 168 runs in 20 overs. Windies manage to score 98-4 in 15.3 overs when rain stopped the game. India won the 2nd T20 by 22 runs according to the DLS method.
- Krunal Pandya was the man of the match of 2nd T20.
- 3rd T20: after winning the toss, India opted to bowl first. West Indies score 146-6 in 20 overs and set the total of 147 to chase fir the team India. Team India chased the total in the final over and won the match by 7 wickets.
- Deepak Chahar was the man of the match of the 3rd T20.
- Krunal Pandya was the Player of the series because of his brilliant performance with the bat and the ball throughout the series.
West Indies v India ODIs - Men's
IND VS WI ODI SERIES:
- 1st One Day International: after winning the toss, India put West Indies to bat on. West Indies were 54-1 in 13 overs when the rain hit the ground and stopped the play. It was a disappointing day for cricket fans because the match ended up with no results.
- 2nd One Day International: after winning the toss, India decided to bat on. They set a total of 280 for the West Indies in 50 overs. 2nd innings was reduced to 46 overs and the target was reduced to 270, but West Indies were bowled out on 210 in 42 overs. India won the match by 59 runs according to the DLS method.
- Virat Kohli was the man of the match of the 2nd ODI.
- 3rd One Day International: after winning the toss, West Indies decided to bat on. West Indies scored 240-7 in 35 overs because the match was reduced to 35 overs per side. India chased the target easily and won the match by 6 wickets according to the DLS method.
- Virat Kohli was the man of the match of the 3rd ODI.
- Virat Kohli was also the player of the series because of his 2 brilliant consecutive centuries.
West Indies v India T20Is - Men's
IND vs WI TEST SERIES:
- 1st test match: after winning the toss, West Indies opted to bowl first. India scored 297-10 in their first inning while Windies in return bowled out on 222-10 in their first inning with 75 runs behind. India scored 343-7dec in their 2nd inning and set a total of 418 for the Windies. West Indies were bowled out on 100 and India won the first test match by 318 runs.
- Ajinkya Rahane was the man of the match of the first test match.
- 2nd test match: West Indies after winning the toss, opted to bowl first. India scored 416-10 in their first inning while in return Windies scored 117-10 in their first inning with 299 runs behind. India scored 168-4dec in their second inning and set a total of 467 for the Windies. West Indies bowled out on 210 and India won the 2nd test match by 257 runs.
- Hanuma Vihari was the man of the match of the 2nd test match.
West Indies v India Tests - Men's
POSITIVES FOR BOTH TEAMS:
If we talk about India, there are so many positive outcomes as the Indian board gave chance to so many young boys who performed so well in the entire series. Some of the experienced players who only played test format were also seen in o touch which will be a good sign for Virat and company because of the ongoing test championship. Such a sort of series clean sweep will surely help players and managing staff to boost up their morale and took the winning momentum in the future.
If we talk about West Indies, there are not so many positive outcomes for their team but some of their senior players think that their bowling line was up to the mark in the entire series. They bowled well in the entire series but they have to work so hard to get back on the winning track.
NEGATIVE FOR BOTH TEAM:
If we talk about India, there is nothing negative when you clean sweep the whole series against an opponent like West Indies in their home grounds. Everything is happening like according to the plan of Indians.
But if we talk about the West Indies, there are so many negative points that have to be addressed and sort out quickly. The first and most important point is their senior players. they played brilliantly well throughout the year in domestic leagues all over the world but when they played for the west indies, their performance graph slides down and no big performance from them as an individual. They also have to work on their batting which was totally out of color in this entire series.
Cricket Buzz and News
- / 5 days ago
The Border–Gavaskar Trophy is a Test series played between India and Australia. It is...